Announcing Student Performance Teams

Improv Cincinnati is excited to announce a new improv opportunity for students who have completed the Core Curriculum (Levels 1 through 5). These teams will give students ongoing opportunities to perform for audiences, receive coaching, and to develop an ensemble. It is our hope these teams will continue to cultivate a thriving and inclusive improv community, and to expand students’ breadth and depth of improv experience.

When and Where are Auditions? Tuesday, March 13th 7-9pm at Dramakinetics

Who can attend? Any student who has graduated Level 5, or those who have been specially asked.

How much does it cost? $80 for 11 weeks. 75%  of the cost goes directly to training Coach. The remaining 25% covers space expense.

What is the commitment? Rehearsals are every Sunday, either 1-3pm with Tatiana Godfrey or 3:30-5:30pm with Jen Burns (both of which will be at Clifton Performance Theatre.

Students must be able to attend 80% of scheduled rehearsals and shows. Failing to due so will result in removal from the team.

When are performances? Performances will be select Saturdays at 10pm following the weekly 8pm Improv Cincinnati show. The cost will be free for audience members who stay after the 8pm show or $5 for anyone who attends exclusively for the late show.

What happens after 11 weeks? IC Leadership will make a decision based on factors such as ensemble/student preference, coach feedback, performance quality, student attendance/commitment, etc. Possible outcomes include but are not limited to:

1. The student team stays together for another session and is assigned a different coach.
2. The student team disbands, and the existing students are reshuffled into different teams.
3. Individual students are selected to be placed on an IC house team or project.

We’re incredibly excited about these new teams, and we can’t wait to see our students continue to grow as improvisers. Please email any questions to

All the best,

Colin and Jon